Birthday/Diva Challenge

I made this card today for a challenge over at StampNation which
is celebrating it's third birthday today.
Happy Birthday StampNation!!!
If you haven't done so yet, you should check it out.
Heather, a member of the design team at StampNation
suggested I also enter this card into the
Dazzling Diva challenge 
at
This is the inspiration photo for the Dazzling Diva challenge
isn't it gorgeous!
And here's the card that Heather suggested would be great for
this challenge. It's like I chose the colors for my card based on this photo.
To make the baker's twine match the card I dragged a piece of the
whisper white across the elegant eggplant ink pad. 
If you try this I would advise you giving it time to dry. I didn't do that
and ended up with a smudge on the paper which is why you see stars on the card.


recipe:
card stock: whisper white 100730
stamp sets: bring on the cake 121958 clear, 128490 wood,
banner blast (SAB)
ink: bermuda bay 131171, elegant eggplant 126969
scallop tag topper punch 133324
whisper white baker's twine 124262
tea lace paper doilies 129399
stamping sponges 101610

Happy Stampin'






Comments

Scrap N Grow said…
Beautiful card Susan! Love how you used the color of the rose as your color palette. Thanks for playing along with the Dazzling Divas weekly challenge.
Monica Weaver said…
Beautiful Card Susan! Glad to have you in the challenge!
Susan Powell said…
thank you ladies :) It's been a lot of fun challenging myself to do more and go out of my comfort zone.
Heather North said…
I love this card! Congrats on winning the Dazzling Divas challenge!!!
Congrats on your win, Susan!
Susan Powell said…
WOW! I didn't even realize until just now - thank you Heather and Catherine :)