Merry Monday!!

I am thrilled to say that a card I made last week for a challenge
at Merry Monday was chosen, along with others, to receive an
honorable mention - Thank you Ladies!!
Congrats to the winner and to all the ladies who received an
honorable mention!!!


The challenge this week at Merry Monday is to use a gingerbread man or woman 
on your card.  I didn't think I was going to be able to play as I don't own any
 gingerbread men stamps. But when I was organizing my craft room today and going
 through my retired stamp sets, I came across a little gingerbread stamp from 
Got Treats and thought YAY!!! I can play!!!


I decided to keep it really simple this week. Instead of the traditional
red and green though I went with cajun craze, old olive and early espresso. 
I really like this color combo.


First I ran the card base through the big shot using the decorative dots EF.
I stamped the gingerbread men as if they were dancing across the
paper, added the greeting that I inked up with cajun craze and old olive, a
few coordinating brads, some baker's twine tied in a bow, pop it up on 
dimensionals and we are done!


supplies:
card stock: whisper white, old olive, cajun craze, early espresso
stamp set: got treats, merry merry (recollections)
ink: old olive, cajun craze, chocolate chip
big shot: decorative dots EF
embellishments: brads (?), lucky limeade baker's twine


Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!!




Comments

Kristie Goulet said…
Susan, I love that you were able to play along with your adorable gingy stamp! I love your choice of colors too! :)
Wendy said…
Love this, Susan! I just adore those gingers and your color combo! Love everything about it!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday!! :)
Linda said…
Fabulous card .... love your cute little gingerbread men. xx
Notes by Nina said…
Very cute Susan, I love these colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.
Katie Melhus said…
What an unexpected color combo that really works for Christmas, cute card! So glad you joined us at Merry Monday!
Bonnie said…
Love the gingerbread men dancing across the page, Susan! Great color combo! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!
Bonnie said…
Hi again, Susan. We loved his gingerbread card and you are last week's winner. If you'd like to be our Guest Designer next week, let me know and I"ll send you the information. bonklass (at) gmail (dot) com
Susan Powell said…
Hi Bonnie - I've sent you a couple of emails to bonklass@gmail.com but maybe they're not getting through ??- I would love to be your guest designer next week