Down to the Wire

It's down to the wire for getting a card into this weeks challenge
at Merry Monday. The theme is to create a card using 
carolers/music. I saw this challenge at the beginning of the
week and knew the image I wanted to use but it took me
all week to get at it and most of the day today to get it done.


I have yet to make it into my craft room since my fall almost
3 weeks ago. I'm having serious withdrawals. I do have some
supplies upstairs in the dining room which has been great! 

I want to say THANK YOU to all of you that have sent messages
and emails about my leg. I appreciate them very much. I'm still
on crutches and it's going to take some time to heal. I met with the
physio therapist for the first time this past Tuesday and we made what
I think is great progress. I got my shoe on! 
I was told 4-6 more weeks before I can walk on uneven ground. No 
hiking with my husband and the dog for a while (insert sad face here).

Back to the challenge.
Isn't this picture adorable! Who doesn't love Charlie Brown?


The reason it took most of the day for me to make this was I 
was trying to make a card that wasn't CAS. It seems that that's
what has become my 'go-to' style. When I decided to set aside
the different dsp's and stick with just the white card stock the
card just came together - in about 5 minutes to be exact.

I love the little birds with their winter attire. I added some glitter
to the fur trim using the Wink of Stella glitter pen. I love the detail
that embossing folders add to a card. I think that it's safe to
say that the big shot is my favorite stamping tool. 
LOVE that thing!
A few sequins, a little bit of baker's twine and it's done.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white
digital image: winter song birdies (doodle pantry),
          greeting (doodle pantry) 
blendabilities: wild wasabi, daffodil delight, cherry cobbler, 
          pumpkin pie, crumb cake
big shot: large stitched rectangle stackables (lawn fawn),
          decorative dots EF
embellishments: cherry cobbler baker's twine, sequins (craft medley)


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!
            


Comments

Just love your trio of sweet birdies, Susan! Spotted your card over at Merry Monday so had to stop by and comment. Hey - sorry to hear about your fall. Happy healing!!
Bonnie said…
I'm so glad you could join us at Merry Monday this week, Susan! This card is super adorable! Love the little birdies and you've colored them beautifully! Love them on the embossed background! I'm glad your leg is improving and I hope that the recovery will be swift. Be careful!
Karren said…
Oh these little birds are so adorable, Susan, and you've colored them so well! It's good news that your leg is improving, I hope the healing time flies by :) Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.
JoAnn said…
Love the sweet birdies and your coloring. Great card.
Judy1223 said…
I love these sweet little singing birds, Susan! I like your CAS style, it seems to come very naturally to you! I agree, I love the dry embossed background and the sparkle you added to the fur!
Brenda said…
Your card is adorable!!! I am going to have to check out Doodle Pantry. I am in awe of your coloring skill! Hope you get better faster and make it to your craft room sooner!
Kay Miller said…
Oh my goodness!! That is absolutely adorable!! What a sweet little image and colored so beautifully!! Love this!
Jilly said…
So cute, the singing birds are lovely cc
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Linda :) I was just over at your blog - love your card too!
Susan Powell said…
thank you Bonnie - playing in your challenge was my creative goal for the week - I love the weekly challenge and have missed it lately.
Susan Powell said…
thank you Karren :) taking the healing one day at a time :)
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Brenda :) Who knows, by the time I can manage to go downstairs my daughter may have brought all my supplies upstairs - I'm slowly taking over the dining room haha
Kristie Goulet said…
Very sweet card, Susan! So great seeing another card by you in the gallery! Hugs!!!