You Brighten Up My Day!

I left it to the last minute but I managed to get a card made
for the cue card challenge at CASology. The cue card word
is LIGHT.  I combined it with a sketch challenge at
the As You See It challenge blog.

I didn't have any stamps or images that I felt would work or
that I wanted to use so I went on line and found a light bulb
digital image at Dr. Digi House of Stamps. The greeting is
from desert diva. Both images were free too!


I used washi tape with three polka dot lines to replicate the
three lines on the sketch and my new wink of stella glitter 
pen - LOVE that thing - to add some shine to the light bulb.

  


When I showed my husband the cards I made today, he was
really impressed with this one. He's not very forthcoming with the
compliments beyond the obligatory 'that's nice' but he said the light bulb looked 3D and had to touch it.  That felt nice that he  really liked it.


supplies:
card stock: whisper white
image: light bulb (Dr. Digi)
greeting: (Desert Diva)
blendabilities: daffodil delight, smoky slate
washi tape: dollar store
wink of stella glitter pen


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!




Comments

Judy1223 said…
Wow, way to use the free digis (I recognized the sentiment by Hannelie, I love that!)...and the Wink of Stella does make that light bulb look 3D! Your husband is right! So glad you joined in the fun at CASology...your card is wonderfully CAS!
Heather Cooper said…
This is so cute! I love the way you used the washi tape for the twine! And that light bulb is so shiny! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenges this week.
Unknown said…
Haha! Does it feel good when your husband give your a compliment? My husband is the best critic, so it rarely happens to me, though. I totally agree with what your husband said about light bulb. Looks so 3D! Well done, Susangail. Thanks so much for playing along with CASology and hope to see you again.
Susan Powell said…
Thanks so much for the compliments ladies :)
Angie Tieman said…
Super cute card! Love that washi tape with the sketch challenge and great idea for the "light" challenge!
Amanda said…
So cute and simple. Love the digital! Thanks for playing with us at AYSI this week.