Cake & Wishes

I am in LOVE with the cake & wishes stamp set from Penny Black!!
All of the images are so adorable!

I am submitting this to the anything goes challenge (except a
digi) over at Penny Black



I've had the set for a few weeks now but haven't had a chance
to play with it. When I saw the inspiration photo at 
I knew right away which image I was going to use.



The hardest part of this card for me was the layout! I was working
with the sketch from Sketch Saturday so that shouldn't have 
been a problem because itès a great sketch, but...
as hard as I tried I couldn't get myself to decide on three different
patterns of dsp to use for the card base - and I tried a lot of them!


After what seemed like all day but was really about a half an hour,
a light bulb went off! Why am I trying to use dsp when I can
use 3 pieces of white card stock and emboss each one with a different embossing folder and get all that texture! 
LOVE MY BIG SHOT!!


supplies
all from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, basic black
stamp set: cake & wishes (penny black)
ink: memento black
blendabilities: crumb cake, wild wasabi, melon mambo, smoky slate,
    daffodil delight, night of navy, wisteria wonder, skin tones, sky blue
big shot: zig zag EF, large polka dot EF, lucky stars EF
embellishments: baker's twine (?)

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

Darnell said…
Oh, I do love what you came up with, Susangail! I, too, just used different e/f for lots of texture on a card, but I've never pieced different patterns of embossing on the card like you did so brilliantly here as a backdrop for that exquisite image! Your coloring is A+++!! This is a winning card in my book!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell
Unknown said…
I literally just finished water-coloring this image!! I love this set, too!! Nice layout!! Love the embossed background!
What a fun card! A cute little girl! Thank you for playing along at Stampin' Celebration! xx Linda, LizDesign
Heather North said…
First of all using 3 pieces of white and embossing them with different folders is brilliant! How many times have I been stuck trying to get DSP to match a colored image? Second, I love the stamp set you chose. Your coloring is beautiful and it perfectly matches the challenge at Stampin' Celebration. Thanks for playing along Susan. <3
Unknown said…
Your stamp set is so adorable, and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!
brenda said…
A really lovely creation Susan and fabulous colouring of your image, it's a really bright and happy card.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x
Ellibelle said…
Adorable card, Susan! Loving your coloring, and wonderful sketch!
Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at Penny Black and More!!
xEllie
Super cute take on the stampin Celebration!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!!!!
Shirley said…
A gorgeous card Susan. The double embossed background is so pretty and also your blendability colouring.
Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us for our future challenges.

Shirley
OttawaMom said…
That image is just darling and I love the textured background! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!
wendi said…
Beautiful card, love thee coloring job and the colors! Thanks for including Stampin Celebration in your crafting!