Colour Me Merry

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends and their families!

The theme at Merry Monday is to use flowers and candles and
the Colour Me...! challenge is to use only red and a neutral. My 
first and only thought was white candles and red poinsettias but
I don't have a candle die or stamp so I improvised. 


I used one of the dies from the small stitched rectangable
stackables from Lawn Fawn and ran it through the big shot a few 
times in order to get the sizes that I wanted. 
For the flames I used the wing from bird builder punch 

The flowers and the greeting are from CAS-ual Fridays. The die
is called 4 Petals and the stamp set is called Christmas Carols.
I cut the greeting in half so I could easily stamp it on the 
candles.
To finish it off I used the Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to add
a little sparkle to the flame and some pearls to the center of
the flowers.

I wasn't sure how this would turn out - I thought the idea 
might be too simple to work but in the end, I quite like it.


supplies
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: real red, whisper white -reg, & heavy
stamp set: Christmas Carols (CAS-ual Fridays)
ink: memento tuxedo black
big shot: small stitched rectangle stackables (Lawn Fawn), 
            4 Petals (CAS-ual Fridays)
punch: Bird Builder
accessories: glitter pen (Wink of Stella), basic pearls


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

what a beautiful card. I love how you made the candles. What a neat technique.
Kim Heggins said…
OH...you are so clever, love that you made a Christmas card too! So beautiful with your candles. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!
Wendy said…
So pretty, Susangail!! Love how you created your candles and your lovely poinsettia's! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)
Unknown said…
This is stunning! Love how you bring out the pretty red with added dimension. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!
Susan Joyce said…
Lovely card Susan, I like how you split the sentiment and stamped it down the candles and your sweet punched flowers with the pearls. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.
Perfect! Love the touch of red!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)