Ombre & Glitter at Merry Monday

I have to be honest with you - when I saw the current challenge
at Merry Monday I was thinking that I would skip it. Ombre and 
glitter are not in my comfort zone. But, I couldn't stop thinking
about it, so when I got home from work yesterday I set out
to make the card that was on my mind all day.



I bought one sheet of glitter paper a while back and still have more
than half of it left. I only use it in small doses so this sheet should
last me quite a while longer still. 
I used some red distress inks to sponge onto the glitter paper. The 
flowers are made using the die from the Christmas Carols set by 
CAS-ual Fridays. The sentiment is from the same set.


I'm glad I couldn't get this challenge out of my head because
I really love how my card turned out. The amount of sparkle you
see in the photo is nothing compared to what I see in person.

Who knows, I may just have added glitter to my comfort zone!

I encourage you to join in the challenge and if it takes you out
of your comfort zone - embrace it - you may just surprise yourself.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, glitter (unknown source)
stamp set with coordinating die: Christmas Carols (CAS-ual Fridays)
ink: archival black
distress ink: fired brick, festive berries, picked raspberry (Tim Holtz)
small stitched rectangle stackables dies (Lawn Fawn)
dimensionals

Comments

Marcia Hill said…
LOVE this CAS beauty Susan! I bought this same stamp set when it was on clearance, and have yet to use it, but after seeing this lovely card of yours, I think I need to get it out! :0)
Awwww thank you Marcia :) it's a fun set to play with - I love the font they used for the sentiments.
Karen L K said…
Very nice how you did your ombre! Such a pretty card. Glitter is not my most comfortable either.
Karen L K said…
Very nice how you did your ombre! Such a pretty card. Glitter is not my most comfortable either.
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Karen :) I encourage you to give it a try - it was actually quite fun to do :)
Bonnie said…
Ombre and glitter were not in my comfort zone either, Susan! I'm glad the idea stuck with you because you've rocked this challenge! Love the sponged glitter! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!
Rema DeLeeuw said…
This turned out beautifully! I love it.
Ombre and glitter for your embellies - LOVE!! So great done in the grid style, Susan!!
Catchy Sketch said…
This card really makes me believe in magic! :) How beautiful it is!
Thank you Bonnie :) it was fun to do.
Thank you - what a sweet comment :)
Kristie Goulet said…
I too am so happy you couldn't get this challenge out of your head! I LOVE your card. So perfect!! xoxo
So glad you decided to play after all because your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Debbie :) I'm glad I did too!
Dawn said…
Love how you have combined glitter and ombre together, so pretty. x
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Dawn :)
francesca said…
lovely card!! :)
Susan Powell said…
thank you Francesca :)
conil said…
I see a winner here. This really is stunning...perfect ombre and glitter effect. So beautiful.
Thank you Conil - that's very sweet :)
Kim M said…
I love how you use you glitter paper! It's fantastic! Fabulous CAS card! :-)
Karen Davis said…
A spectacular card Susan. I love how you have coloured the glitter paper.
Notes by Nina said…
Love it! Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.
Susan Joyce said…
Awesome CAS design, love every element of your card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Susan :)