Owl I Want For Christmas....

It's time for a color challenge at Christmas Card Challenges 
and check out these awesome ones.





I've had this owl stamp and coordinating die for a long time
but don't use it too much but I thought today's color challenge
at Christmas Card Challenges would be a perfect time to pull it
out and dust it off.


I've always loved the look of grey owls in the winter so that's what I
went with and of course I had to throw a couple of googly eyes in
just for fun. I wish now that I had added some falling snow.....
back in a few minutes.

So I went and played with the embossing paste and my falling snow
stencil. It was a little hard to get it around the owl because of
the googly eyes but I love how it looks with the snow.


Now, check out what the rest of the DT has come up with for
this challenge. I hope you'll be inspired to play along.


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' up unless noted
card stock: whisper white, basic gray
stamp set: Winter Owl (Lawn Fawn), Joy to the Woods (Lawn Fawn)
ink: basic gray archival, watermelon wonder, sweet sugarplum
big shot: winter owl die (lawn Fawn), Joy to the Woods dies (Lawn Fawn), 
            Stitched Hillside Borders (Lawn Fawn), Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn)
prismacolor pencil crayons
googly eyes (dollar store)
falling snow stencil (Simon Says Stamp!)
embossing paste (Dreamweaver)
fun foam (Michaels)

Comments

Alma Dirpaul said…
Love how narrated your post. A little before and after story. Nicely done.
Thank you Alma. As I was writing this post this morning I had the idea for snow and I couldn't let it go.
laurie said…
What a sweet Christmas card! SO cute!
Susan Powell said…
thank you Laurie :)