WOW!!!

I received some Ken Oliver Color Bursts a while ago
and finally played with them the other day. All I can say is
WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!
This product is like nothing I've ever seen before!


I used Indigo and Merlot Color Burst powder (the merlot color
shows up better in person) and when the powder met with water - 
well, it's like magic - seriously!! It's like nothing I've ever
seen before. The color literally bursts off the page!

I just stared at it for a long time not sure what to do with it. I
had a few ideas but in the end I couldn't do anything to it. 
I decided to leave it as one piece with just a sentiment and play
along with the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.
To help make the sentiment pop I used a white gel pen to
add some highlights. The little black strip down the side is a 
piece of black glitter paper.

I will definitely be playing with these powders some more.
It takes the tiniest amount of powder to make a big amount
of color - so one container will last a LONG time which
makes it a great value.
If you haven't seen them before or played with them - you
should check them out - they're amazing!


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, black glitter 
140 lb cold press watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ken Oliver Color Bursts
stamp set: Enchanted Garden (SOA Collection)
ink: memento tuxedo black
basic black baker's twine
fun foam (Michaels)

Comments

Suchi said…
Saw your card on FMS...It is cool!! I am also your latest follower! :)
Suchi xx
Thank you Suchi :) for your comment and for being a follower :)
Linda Callahan said…
Wow is right! That is one fabulous splashy background! So glad you joined us at FMS!
Jen Timko said…
Holy moly!! That color is fabulous! Perfect panel for this sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!
Brenda said…
Wow I love those colours and what you did with your card! I will have to look into these powders as I have never heard of them! Simply stunning results!
Thank you Brenda :) they're a great deal - because you use so little they'll last forever!
I do watercolor and I never heard of them before either.. so how did you do it.. mix it and splash it or sprinkle powder and mist it or?? Help we all want to join you and play. Susan
Susan Powell said…
Thank you :) There's a few ways to use these powders. You can wet your watercolor paper first and then squirt some powder on the paper, you could add powder to dry watercolor paper and then spritz with water, you could mix a little powder with some water in a dish and then brush it on, you could mix up some in a spritzer bottle and spray it on that way - basically you want to get your hands on these gems and play, play, play. Here's a link to one video that may inspire you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPddu6g39Q Google Ken Oliver Color bursts and you'll see a ton of videos to help get you started Have fun!!
Oh my thanks so much for the link up.. I'm outta here to go play, and spend I fear..
Amy O said…
I love that brilliant blue color! Sounds like a really fun product! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!
Unknown said…
Just beautiful,Susan! I love how you used the white gel pen for high lights. I'm a huge fan of all your cards, but you already know that.
Thank you Debbie :) you're very sweet!