Masculine Monday #10 - The Scrap Yard


My husband was watching a show the other day where some people were
scrummaging through a scrap yard for auto parts for a challenge of some sort - 
honestly, I wasn't paying close enough attention to the show to know why.
I was thinking about the 'scrap yard' that I have in my craft room and decided 
I would build a card using only pieces from that bin. 
Except for the card base 
and sentiment, the pieces for this card came from my 'scrap yard'.


I was lucky enough to have pieces leftover from other cards and pieces that
didn't make it onto cards because at the time I wasn't 'feeling it' - you know
what that's like right?
But the day I made this card that stamped image jumped out at me - it 
was something I had stamped a long time ago using a stamp I picked up at 
a yard sale - I have no idea who made the stamp - it had been taken off 
the wooden block when I bought it and the lady couldn't remember.

A little further into the pile I saw that background piece - I remember not
using it before because I thought it was too busy but it didn't seem too
busy anymore - funny how that is - so I grabbed that, the strip of torn 
dsp and the black circle - they were literally all sitting there in my
'scrap yard' waiting to be put together. It was meant to be. 

The sentiment is from one of my new fav stamp sets called
Essential Sentiments from My Favorite Things.
I stamped it in versamark onto a leftover piece of black cardstock and then 
heat embossed with some white embossing powder - it's a simple yet 
very effective way to add a sentiment - you may have noticed that
I add sentiments like that quite often.

I'd like to challenge all of you to check your 'scrap yard' and see if you 
can put together a card - maybe even a masculine card? If you make
one I'd really like to see it too. If you post it somewhere please send me
a link so I can check it out.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted:
dsp: the strip is a retired piece and the background piece is from a paper pack also retired
stamp set: motorcycle (unknown), Essential Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
ink: versamark
embossing powder: white
foam sheet (Michaels)

Comments