Masculine Monday #49

Coffee Anyone?


Here's a funny thing you may not know about me.
I can't stand the taste of coffee!
I used to not even like the smell but I can handle that now.
I'm a tea drinker (as some of you probably are aware of) but I 
don't like tea cups.
I like coffee mugs - big ones! Fun ones!

Now, here's the funny thing.
I love coffee houses and
I absolutely LOVE to make coffee cards!

Is that strange?



So for today's Masculine Monday card I decided to go with a coffee
theme. Clean, simple and all in one layer. 

I stamped the mugs with versamark ink and then heat embossed with
white embossing powder.
Next I sponged on some Tim Holtz neutral colored distress inks and 
stamped the sentiment down the side with the striped image. 
The idea of the striped image was to look like washi tape.

I love CAS cards but can struggle with the one layer concept. 
I like to pop up my card panel onto a card base and I do that a lot.
I discovered a little trick that helped with that on this card.
I took a thin black marker and drew lines around the edge to frame it 
in and that ended my struggle!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Now go and enjoy a cup of coffee with a friend.
(Or tea if you prefer)



supplies:
stamps: Happiness Is (Verve), All About You (MFT), YAY Stripes (CP Designs)
ink: versamark, Midnight (CP Designs)
distress ink: tea dye, gathered twigs and walnut stain (Tim Holtz)
paper: crumb cake (SU)
accessories: white embossing powder (SU), thin black marker


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products 
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments