A Grungy Birthday (take 2)

Yesterday I posted this card.  I knew when I posted it
that I would be re-doing it. Let's just say it's not one of
my favorites. I had an idea of how I would change it and while
I was out of town all day I had a couple of more ideas. As 
soon as I got home I headed to my craft room make it again.


I am much happier with how this card turned out.  I used crumb cake 
for the card base instead of soft suede. I used one less image and 
3 of the in-colors - not all 5.  I used the same greeting but
added a smaller embossed one with the vellum layer. I didn't
add any sequins to this card - I like sequins but I think they
compete with the splatters.


I posted the original on StampNation and asked the members
what would they change on the card. After I made this one, I went
back and read their comments - there were some fantastic 
suggestions and ones that I had even done!

StampNation is a fantastic community of encouragement,
support and inspiration. Everyone is helpful  and eager to see each 
other grow as paper crafters.
Come and check it out.

supplies:
card stock: whisper white, crumb cake, vellum
stamp sets: gorgeous grunge, shenanigans (cas-ual fridays)
ink: baked brown sugar, pistachio pudding, coastal cabana
white embossing powder

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!


Comments

Leigh Penner said…
Oh, another fun take on the sketch! Fabulous card!
Taunya Butler said…
Looks like a super cool card and I think it could be for a girl or a guy!! Love the saying - Let the Shenanigans begin!! :)
Chrissy Larson said…
Super take on the sketch and I love that sentiment! So fun!