Jingle Belles & SOS

I found two new to me blogs yesterday that have teamed up for a challenge.


The challenge was to use something from your supplies that was at least
one year old.  I happen to have a lot to choose from - not sure if that's good
or bad.  I chose to use the silver bells that are tied to the baker's twine. They have
been part of my stash for a few years now - maybe 5? And the embossing powder
is also over a year old - I used it once when I first got it. It's supposed to be 
cherry scented - I can't smell it.

I made the background paper by sponging the holes from a sheet of those
little circle things that reinforce the holes in lined loose leaf paper. (I hope that makes 
sense). 

supplies:
card stock: whisper white, cherry cobbler, baked brown sugar
stamp set: Merry & Bright (Avery Elle)
ink: cherry cobbler, baked brown sugar
cherry embossing powder
embellishments: cherry cobbler baker's twine, 
     jingle bells (?), silver stars (?)

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!

Comments

None None said…
What a fantastic Christmas card!! I love how you created the background - so cool!! I have yet to start my Christmas cards so I better get going soon. I am inspired by how you used those reinforcers to create the background. Fantastic use of shopping your stash, indeed! :)
lauren bergold said…
what a great use of older stash in your very cool holiday card, i especially love the bells on the twine! (plus... CHERRY-scented embossing powder!!!) :) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! :)
Unknown said…
This card is adorable ♥ You have such a great start on your christmas cards wow :)
SmilynStef said…
What a clever way to create a background stencil ... and I love those tiny bells ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.
Jessi Fogan said…
Oh, what a cool idea to use reinforcements to stencil! Very clever! And I have been tempted to buy scented EP a few times, but had the same thought - does it really smell?? Love that you came to play with us at Shopping our Stash & I hope you come play again soon!