Off to the Beach!

I'm off to the beach! 
Over at StampNation it's a week-long beach party. Every day there is a 
new challenge that has to do with the beach. So. Much. Fun.

My first card is for the first challenge. This challenge was to show what you
take to the beach with you. Well, to be honest with you, I don't go to the beach 
much as I tend to burn very easily and I'm not a fan of hot weather. I like a shady
spot and a good book! But when the girls were little I'd take them all the time and
they always had to have a pail and a shovel and a beach ball. They LOVED to
collect shells too so when I saw this digital image I knew this was the one to use.


This second card is for - you guessed it - the second challenge. This time
we were to create a card that reminded us of a sunset on the beach. I'm not 
sure I've got the sunset thing happening right - it looks more like a moon.
Maybe it's a sunrise? I think I need to watch more sunsets!




These were both really fun cards to make. I especially like the first one as it
reminded me of some very fun times with my girls.

The third challenge went up today and that challenge is to show how you
relax at the beach. Can't wait to play along with that one!

supplies:
1st card:
card stock: whisper white, basic black, marina mist
image: free digi image found online at Beary Wishes
stamp set: happy harmony
blendabilities: cherry cobbler, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie
other ink: marina mist, pool party, soft sky, blushing bride,
  pink pirouette, crumb cake, sahara sand, so saffron, memento black

2nd card:
card stock: whisper white, basic black
stamp set: wetlands
ink: melon mambo, calypso coral, daffodil delight, marina mist,
  crumb cake, sahara sand, memento black, 


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments