Make A Wish

I had a couple challenges in mind when I made this card.
The anything goes challenge at Seize the Birthday and over
at StampNation the challenge for day 4 of the week long
virtual CA Vacation is inspired by a visit to Alcatraz is to use stripes 
on your card.


I love the look of black & white stripes on dsp but didn't have
any left, so I decided to use a stripe stencil, with some embossing 
paste and some black embossing powder to create some 
stripes with dimension.
I love how it turned out!

When I was looking at the stripes, trying to figure out how to
make a birthday card from it, I wasn't sure if it was going to
be masculine or feminine. All I could think of was Beetlejuice but
I didn't want to make a card resembling that. 

I decided to add some flowers but instead of stamping them,
I cut them from some dsp I have. The paper's lovely but I 
couldn't see myself using it in a big piece so I decided to cut it up.
Was a little fussy but I like it - I sponged the edges to help
give it some more depth.
I did stamp that tall flower and emboss it in gold.

Be sure to head over to Seize the Birthday so you can 
check out all the awesome cards there. I took too long getting
my act together to enter on time.


And if you're not a member of StampNation yet, what
are you waiting for?! There's no better value for you stamping
dollar out there! Check it out! 

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white (reg & heavy), basic black
dsp: English Garden
stamp set: Beanstalks (CAS-ual Fridays)
ink: versamark
Tim Holtz distress ink: Victorian Velvet, Peeled Paint
embossing powder: gold, black
big shot: Stalk Up Fri-Dies (Cas-ual Fridays), Celebrations Dies (Penny Black)
stripes stencil
embossing paste (Dreamweaver)
Bakers Twine: black & white (unknown)


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


Comments