Merry Monday #199

I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I came home from
my vacation. I found out that this card had recently been chosen
as a winner for the Merry Monday challenge #196. Because of
that I've been asked to be a guest designer this week so of
course I immediately said yes!!


Colleen is the host this week and she has chosen the challenge for
us. That challenge is to use a sentiment as the focal point on your
card. This is not the card I started out making - funny how that
happens sometimes. It's not even close. 

I added some texture with the snowflake embossing folder and some
white trees. I do love the look of white on white. A little bit of black
and some little hearts to finish it off.




After a slow start I had such fun with this card. I sure hope
you'll join in on the challenge.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, basic black
stamp set: Heart of Christmas (Stampin' Up!)
ink: watermelon wonder, lost lagoon
dsp: 

Comments

Just love your sentiment strip framed by the striped paper, Susan - very striking!
Susan, love your beautiful and elegant card! Thrilled to have you as our Guest Designer this week at Merry Monday!
Bonnie said…
Love all this white space, Susan! The black stripes really pull out the colors in the sentiment! Awesome! Thanks so much for joining our team this week!
Colleen said…
Congratulations on your win and being our guest designer!! This card is wonderful! I love all the white space, but how you added your sentiment is really stunning!! And I love that sentiment too! Thank you for joining as guest and inspiring us at Seize the Birthday!
Linda said…
Thanks for joining us this week as GD on Merry Monday. I love this sentiment. Great job making it your central focal point. Lovely card.
Hope you had a great vacation! Your card is lovely and thanks for being our Guest Designer this week!
A fun and simple card. I like the black and white stripes.
Kate said…
So pretty! I love the clean lines and the touches of red look so striking with the black and white!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper
JD/ Jill said…
Pretty card fits the challenge perfectly!
Notes by Nina said…
Fantastic card, I love the CAS design. So glad you could join us as Guest Designer.
Very beautiful! I love the touches of black!!