Anything Goes!


It's that time of the week again. Time to head into your craft
room and have some fun! We're having an anything goes challenge
this week at Christmas Card Challenges - I love all the themes 
we have but I especially love the anything goes - the cards everyone
creates for these are always so inspiring!



I went with a digital image from Mo Manning this week. I have to admit that
I was first attracted to her site because her last name is my maiden name. 
But then I saw her images and WOW!!! they are fantastic!!
You can check them out here. The one I used today is called Little Elf Mim.
I colored him in with some prismacolor pencil crayons. I used some 
Chunky White Deep Impressions Embossing Enamel by Stampendous
for the trim on the hat and the outfit. I embossed the ornament with
dazzling diamonds. the dsp is some retired scraps - my scrap pile
is slowly getting smaller and the lace ribbon I found at the dollar
store - it has adhesive on the back of it which is fantastic!



Now it's your turn. Head on over and check out what the design team
at Christmas Card Challenges has come up with. I'm sure you'll
be inspired. Then share your card with us in the gallery.
I look forward to seeing you there!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, basic black
dsp -retired scraps
image: Little Elf Mim (Mo Manning)
stamp set: Bright Baubles (Neat & Tangled)
pencil crayons (Prismacolor)
big shot: stitched stackable rectangles (Lawn Fawn)
Deep Impression embossing enamel (Stampendous)
dazzling diamonds embossing powder
versamark pen
fun foam (Michaels)

Comments

Donna Ellis said…
Whew! Hi, Susan! My sigh of relief is because I have searched high and low for your personal blog, and just found it! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog regarding the Christmas Card challenge. I clicked on your linkable name that shows up when you leave a comment, but it took me to a google plus profile, and while that profile lists 3 challenge blogs you design for, it does not give your personal blog link! So I went back to Christmas Card Challenges, and hoped to find it there. And there you were, with this adorable Mo Manning masterpiece! She is darling! I love her images as well, and have some in my "virginal" stash. Thank you for reminding me about them, and how cute they are! Loving the sparkly, fun texture on your card, too! I am your newest google follower.
hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}
Greta said…
Oh my goodness--you've worked magic with that adorable image, Susan! I love the lace & dotted strip in the background, too!
Pia S said…
Like Donna, I did have to spend time to search a bit to find your blog, your blog address doesn't appear on your Google+ profile, but I found it through the Christmas Card Challenges blog, and glad I did, because I really love this card! It's sweet, but the sweetness is perfectly balanced with the more modern background with the stripes. I really like the textured, glittery surface of the bauble too.
Thank you so much Donna! I'll fix that link (as soon as I figure out how haha) I'm not very techie
Thank you Pia! I'll be working on rectifying that issue today - wish me luck as I'm not techie in any way shape or form. I'll make a big cuppa chai tea first -that always makes everything better 😀