Masculine Monday #2

This is my second week for making masculine cards.
Yay! I'm two for two!

I recently received some happy mail from Your Next Stamp. I've seen
them used a few times and loved them so I ordered a few. I love how
they stamp - I'll definitely be ordering more in the future.


This one is called So Sorry Donkey and there's a coordinating die - which
for some reason I didn't order ???? but will be rectifying soon.
It's got some great sentiments too.



There are a few keys to making masculine cards:
- make it personal
- make it humorous
- keep things simple
- use darker colors
- use bold patterns
- keep embellishments to a minimum
- use natural elements 


For this card I did some very simple coloring with prismacolor pencil crayons, paired it with some bold patterned dsp and added a humorous sentiment.
Simple, right?

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white
stamp set: So Sorry Donkey (Your Next Stamp)
ink: memento tuxedo black
pencil crayons (Prismacolor)
dsp: (K&Company)
big shot: stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn)
foam sheet: Michaels

Comments

Unknown said…
Love.this.donkey! Great colouring, too! I'm sure someone special will really love your card, Susan. Hugs...
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Sharon :) it's on its way to my brother for his birthday :)