Masculine Card #11 - Enjoying the Journey

I had a card ready to go for today but yesterday I decided I wanted to 
go a different direction. I was looking at The Journey stamp, die and
embossing folder set by Tim Holtz that I bought months ago at Michaels.
I loved it enough to buy it but then it just sat there - until yesterday.
I'm so glad I used it!
I love it!



My husband and I are about to take off on an adventure and we plan to
 'enjoy the journey' and 'live everyday' even if it's just a short adventure.
I thought it was the perfect set to play with for this week's 
Masculine Monday card that I plan to sneak into his bag before we leave.

I used my MISTI to stamp the image onto some Canson cold press 
140lb watercolor paper with some CP Designs ink.
I used a new waterbrush - also from Tim Holtz - to color the image in with
my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. (Those are definitely coming with us 
on our little adventure!)


The embossing folder did intimidate me a little at first but when I 
used a torn stip of black cardstock I knew I'd found a new fave item and 
will be using it a lot in the future! I love the little strip of globes.



I sponged the edges of all but the gray and black piece with soft suede ink
and added the three stamped pieces with some pieces of foam sheets.

Now this is the part I've been known to struggle with - determining what
style of card it is.
Any thoughts?

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: basic gray, basic black
dsp: Hello Love paper pack (Crate Paper)
stamp, die and embossing folder set: The Journey (Tim Holtz)
ink: Midnight (CP Designs), soft suede
Zig clean real brush markers: mid green No.046, Deep Green No.044, Light Blue No.036, Persian Blue No.032
        Gray No.090, Gray Brown No.094

Comments