Masculine Monday #23

For this week's Masculine Monday card I again went for a CAS card.
I also made it a one layer card, did a masking technique and kept the
color scheme to one color.



I recently ordered the Mixed Drinks stamp set from Stampin' Up!
and knew that the first stamp I would use would be the beer mug.
I stamped it onto the card base first and then covered it up with some
masking paper. Next I sponged on some tumbled glass, broken china 
and chipped sapphire distress inks and then removed the mask.
If you've never done masking before, the moment you remove the 
mask is so cool!! 

I'm playing along with the following challenges:

Seize the Birthday - One Layer Card

Cards in Envy - You're the Man




visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white thick
stamp set: Mixed Drinks, Essential Sentiments (MFT)
masking paper (Inkadinkado)
ink: memento tuxedo black
Tim Holtz distress ink: tumbled glass, broken china, chipped sapphire
pencil crayon (Prismacolor)

Comments

anja curvers said…
Such a great card love your CAS take on the code word. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.
Toni said…
Perfectly masculine! Love the simplicity too! So glad you played along with us at CIE!
Patti said…
This is so sweet Susan! We just love seeing your delightful work in the gallery at Seize The Birthday! thank you for joining us!!

Patti
Barb Ghig said…
Love this card, Susan! Beautiful ink blending on the background and the sentiment is fabulous! So glad you played along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Patti :) I love playing along with your challenges.
Beebeebabs said…
Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!
Kathy S said…
Wow - how fun - Masculine Monday! This is a really great masculine card and perfect for the Cards in Envy challenge this week. Take care.
Donna Ellis said…
Susan! This is one adorable card! I love the blue inking around the edges to make great dimension, and the wonderful sentiment! What beer lover would not be delighted with this terrific creation? Wishing you a great day! hugs, de
Susan Powell said…
Thank you so much Donna :)
Susan said…
Such a terrific card...love how you highlighted your image with the light blue ink. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!