Masculine Monday #25

I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday and that I was going
to play in my craft room. I was really sad when I realized it wasn't 
Sunday, that it was Monday and I had to go to work. But I was happy 
to know it's the last Monday before our summer break! YAY!!!


I didn't have a card ready but I did have one in mind so I decided
to make one. You all know my priorities right - cards first and then
get ready for work - I wasn't late so all was good.

This card had to be quick. So...
step 1. scribble a few colors of gelatos onto some watercolor paper. 
step 2. use a wet paint brush to blend them all together. 
step 3. place a burlap stencil on the wet paper and scribbled some gelato 
onto the stencil. 
step 4. wet your finger or us a paint brush to rub the gelato around but not smoothly - I wanted it to appear more detailed in some areas than in others.
step 5. use a heat gun to dry.
step 6. stamp the clock and die-cut it out along with two other 
circles and sponge the clock and the edges of all the circles. 
step 7.  heat emboss the sentiment.
step 8. sporadically stamp some birds on a wire onto the gelato piece.
step 9. put it all together.

You may be thinking that all those steps don't sound like a quick
card but I managed to make it in about 30 minutes.

Neutral colors with a pop of color and lots of texture - you can
never go wrong with these for a masculine card.

I'm playing along in the following challenges
Love to Scrap - Boyz Rule

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white, basic black,marina mist, watercolor
stamp set: Tim Holtz, Sentiment Collection (Penny Black)
ink: memento tuxedo black, soft suede, versamark
gelatos: iced rose, gold champagne and silver ice (Faber-Castell)
stencil: burlap(Tim Holtz)
embossing powder: whisper white
big shot: stitched shapes framelits

Comments

Fabulous card! It's masculine and beautifully designed. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt
Greta said…
Can't imagine making a card in 30 minutes before work--wow! Very artistic--love this!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Greta :) they don't always come together so easily but it's nice when an idea works like this one did.