See You In September


We'll be taking the summer off from challenges here at 
so this is the last one until September.
Now I've got a song stuck in my head.
You know the one?
See You In September - it's an old one by The Happenings.



For this clean and somewhat layered card I stamped the Hardwood stamp 
from Stampin' Up! onto some whisper white card stock and then stamped
the Rose Clock from Stamp-it Australia on top. 
I colored the rose and the leaves with my Prismacolor pencil crayons and
sponged the edges to soften the look.
I layered it onto some black cardstock then onto a craft foam sheet and
next onto some soft suede card stock.
All in all it was pretty easy. 



If you're new to coloring, something like
this would be a good place to start. You're only coloring a small portion
of the overall call so it's less intimidating for a beginner.




So how does this photo inspire you?
Click HERE to see how the rest of the DT was inspired.
I hope to see you in the gallery.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white, basic black, soft suede
stamp set: Rose Clock (Stampi-it Australia), Hardwood
ink: crumb cake, memento tuxedo black
pencil crayons: (Prismacolor)
big shot: stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn)
craft foam (Michaels)

Comments

I love your gorgeous wood panel background, Susan! Very classy with a great vintage look that you always feature in a such a pretty way. It was a real joy to be a part of the Card Concept with you this season.
Take Care!
Michele
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Michele :) you're very sweet! I've loved working alongside you as well :) :) :)
Love that beautiful image against the wood panel background! So pretty!!!
Now I've got that song in my head!!! Enjoy the summer!!!!
Karen Davis said…
I love the distressed wood background and the clock, so perfect with the rose and sentiment.