Birthday Monster x2


I recently learned about the monthly challenge at 
Gerda Steiner Designs when I saw a friends card HERE.

This digital image is called 'I Didn't Eat it (yet)! - Birthday Monster.
I liked it so much that I reversed it once and printed a pair of them.



I started with no idea in mind. I grabbed a few things and started to play.
I began by sponging some peeled paint distress oxide ink onto white card stock with a striped stencil.


I liked how that looked so I slid it over and sponged on some iced spruce distress oxide ink.


I liked it but was in the mood to do some more stenciling so...


...I grabbed a circle stencil, mixed some worn lipstick distress oxide ink with some embossing paste and spread it on.



When I pulled back the tape and the stencil, I liked what I saw and my first thought was to make a baby card.


Instead of a baby card I made a birthday card using the birthday monster
that you can find HERE.


I added some birthday hats and grounded it onto a white hill - no idea why I chose a white hill but I like it so I went with it.

This was such a fun card to make - I tried something new and had some
fun just playing with my supplies. 

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

supplies:
digi image: I Didn't Eat it (yet)! - Birthday Monster (Gerda Steiner)
stamps: #awesome (lawn fawn), ? (Recollections)
distress oxide ink: peeled paint, iced spruce & worn lipstick (Tim Holtz)
ink: midnight (CP Designs)
paper: whisper white thick (SU)
accessories: pencil crayons (Prismacolor), dots & stripes stencils (SU), embossing paste (Dreamweaver), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), stitched hillside borders (lawn fawn), craft foam (Michaels), Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen



visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments

Michelle W said…
Gorgeous card Susan, love the hats!!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Michelle :)