Masculine Monday #38

I 'RUFF' YOU


I spent the weekend with some of my family and two dogs. One of the 
dogs has an incredible amount of personality and is amazingly smart. On the drive home I stopped at Michaels and saw that the Tim Holtz Dog Talk stamp, die and embossing folder bundle was on sale. Well, I had to get it. 
Look at the face on this little guy!



Since I was away all weekend and didn't get home until 8 last night I wanted to make a fairly quick and easy card. I wasn't sure how I was going to use my new set but I knew that I was going to use it.

So, with no plan in mind I stamped one of the dogs onto some watercolor 
paper. I used some of my Spectrum Noir Aqua markers and a little red from
 my Gansai Tambi watercolors for the hearts.
After I colored the dog I decided to add the hearts and a simple background.
I die cut the piece with a stitched framelit (probably the MOST USED item in my craft room) and added it to the card base with some craft foam.

The sentiment is from the same set. I heat embossed it with white onto some black card stock and popped it up with some craft foam.

To finish it off I added some Crystal Effects to the eyes.



Here's a look at the stamps, dies and the folder that you get in this 
set. Look at the faces on those dogs - so cute!! This set will see a lot of
love in my craft room. I've got a few ideas to try out.


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


supplies:
stamps: Dog Talk (Tim Holtz)
ink: Midnight (CP Designs), Aqua Markers - Flint, Peat, Bark, Bamble, Lake Blue and Sage (Spectrum Noir), Gansai Tambai paints - N0.36 red (Kuretake), versamark (SU)
paper: basic black (SU), 140lb coldpress watercolor (Canson)
accessories: stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), white embossing powder (SU), craft foam (Michaels), crystal effects (SU)


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963





Comments

Lori said…
I ruff your card! Adorable and wonderful watercoloring!