Masculine Monday #46


Is anyone singing the song? 
You know which one I'm talking about.
I made this card this morning and now I can't stop singing
'Who let the dogs out, who, who?

Sorry if it's stuck in your head now.

I woke up this morning thinking
"Oh no, I forgot about Masculine Monday!!"
So I whipped into my craft room and stamped and masked out some
dogs from Tim Holtz.
I added some balloons because what's a birthday without balloons?
Next a quick sentiment and some balloon strings.
Now for the coloring ...
usually I can take a long time with this part - stressing over which
colors to use and where is the light coming from for shadows but....
because I had a small window of time to get this made, colored,
photographed and onto my blog, I went with really simple
coloring and not a lot of thought.

I grabbed my Prismacolors and used two colors per dog and balloon.
A lighter shade went on first and then a darker one in the areas for
shade and then I blended it all together with the lighter shade.

I used my white gel pen for some high lights on the balloons and
the noses.

That's it.
Pretty quick and easy when you don't second guess every decision.

Now if I could only stop singing that song!

I'm playing along with the following challenges:
Watercooler Wednesday - masculine "anything goes
Craftaholics R Us - masculine
Fab 'n' Funky - masculine

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



supplies:
stamps: Dog Talk (Tim Holtz), Things/Talk (Tim Holtz)
ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
paper: whisper white thick (SU), basic gray (SU)
accessories: pencil crayons (Prismacolor), mask paper (Inkadinkado), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn)

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products 
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments

libbystamps said…
Ha-ha! This is soo cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!
Gail said…
LOL - love those dogs! It's amazing what can happen when we don't second-guess everything. And, yup, now I'm singing too! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.
Hehe, that is so fun! Brilliant masculine card design. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Southern Girls for our 'Masculine' challenge. Love your fun cute doggies. Hugs, Wends xoxo
I just love the Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs... they always bring a huge smile! So of course I love your card. It is awesome!

Thank for sharing your talent with us at Craftaholics R Us!