You Make Me Smile

I was inspired by a card Catherine Pooler made this morning on a Live with Laurel Beard. She did some ink blending and then added some stenciling over top. There's a new challenge this week at StampNation that also inspired my card.



I die cut a circle from masking paper, added it to a card panel and did some ink blending with Catherine Pooler inks. I used Skylight on top and Seafoam on the bottom. I decided I wanted something brighter so I added some Melon Ice over top of the Seafoam. LOVE these colors together! They make me think of spring and wish it was here already. Next I grabbed the Perfect Vine Stencil from Catherine Pooler, placed that on the card and sponged again with the same inks. I was going to sponge the inside of the circle with the blue on top and green on the bottom but I messed up so I went with it and swtitched them around.


I die cut the word smile from black card stock, added it to some craft foam slightly off set a bit so as to see a little bit of the white. I stamped the words with versamark onto a tiny strip of black card stock and heat set it with white embossing powder. I added it all the card base and then finished it off with a few sequins.

Here's a peek at a few cards the ladies came up with for the challenge to inspire the members at StampNation. I'm heading over there now to check them all out.


Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!


shopping list:

Comments